If you’re looking for a nutritious meal that satisfies your cravings without sacrificing your health goals, look no further than our healthy white chili recipe. This dish is light and flavorful, perfect for those who want a guilt-free option that still delivers on taste. Whether you prefer ground turkey, chicken, or a vegetarian option, we’ve got you covered.
Our recipe is easy to make and can be tailored to your dietary restrictions – it’s gluten-free and dairy-free. Plus, it’s low in calories, making it an ideal meal option any time of the year. So whether you’re looking for a comforting dinner on a chilly night or a healthy and satisfying lunch, our healthy white chili recipe is just what you need.
- Healthy white chili is a light and flavorful dish that is perfect for those looking for a guilt-free meal.
- This recipe can be made with ground turkey, chicken, or a vegetarian option, and can be tailored to your dietary restrictions.
- The dish is low in calories, making it a great option for those watching their intake.
- Healthy white chili is easy to make and can be enjoyed any time of the year.
- By using alternative protein sources, such as beans, vegetarians and vegans can enjoy this dish too.
How to Make White Chili with Ground Turkey?
Looking for a healthy and easy white chili recipe? Ground turkey is a great alternative to traditional beef chili and is also a lean source of protein.
Here’s what you’ll need:
|White beans (cannellini or navy)
|Chicken broth (low-sodium)
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook the ground turkey over medium heat until browned.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic, and jalapeno pepper. Cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, white beans, cumin, chili powder, salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
This easy white chili recipe is not only delicious but also a healthy meal option, with fewer calories and less fat than traditional beef chili.
White Chicken Chili
If you prefer chicken as your protein source, white chicken chili is a delicious and healthy variation of the traditional white chili recipe. Not only is it light and flavorful, but it also offers a creamy texture without adding excessive calories.
To make this dish, you will need:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (optional for creaminess)
- Salt and pepper to taste
|Healthy White Chicken Chili Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Start by heating olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add diced chicken breasts, salt and pepper, and cook until browned and cooked through. Remove the chicken and set it aside. In the same pot, saute diced onions until translucent then add minced garlic and cook for an additional minute.
Next, add drained and rinsed white beans, diced green chilies, ground cumin, chili powder, and low-sodium chicken broth to the pot. Stir to combine and bring the mixture to a simmer. Add the cooked chicken back into the pot and let the chili simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
If you want to add creaminess to your white chicken chili, you can stir in some plain Greek yogurt before serving. A perfect topping combination for this chili includes shredded cheese, sour cream, and sliced jalapenos.
“A perfect winter night in usually involves cozying up with a bowl of creamy white chicken chili” – Unknown
Vegetarian White Chili
If you’re searching for a delicious and nutritious vegetarian option, our Healthy White Chili recipe has you covered. This creamy and hearty dish is perfect for vegans and vegetarians looking for an easy white chili recipe. We’ll showcase alternative protein sources and discuss how to add depth of flavor without using meat.
Our Vegetarian White Chili recipe combines a variety of nutritious vegetables, such as bell peppers, onions, and garlic, with protein-rich beans. We also use vegetable broth to add extra flavor. To create a creamy texture without relying on dairy, we use blended cashews. The result is a delicious and satisfying vegetarian white chili that’s easy to make and packed with nutrients.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 1 diced bell pepper
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cans white beans
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté the onions, bell pepper, and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until soft.
- Add cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Drain and rinse the white beans, and add them to the pot with the vegetables.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and bring to a simmer. Cover and let cook for 20 minutes.
- In a blender, combine the cashews with 1/2 a cup of the soup. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the cashew mixture back into the pot and stir well.
- Simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the chili has thickened and the vegetables are tender.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
|Amount per Serving
Our Vegetarian White Chili recipe provides a great source of plant-based protein, fiber, and healthy fats. This easy white chili recipe is also low in calories and perfect for those following a vegetarian or vegan diet.
In conclusion, healthy white chili is a light and flavorful dish that can be enjoyed guilt-free. Whether you prefer ground turkey, chicken, or a vegetarian option, there are plenty of variations of white chili to suit your preferences. With our easy-to-follow recipes, you can easily create a delicious bowl of white chili that satisfies your cravings without sacrificing your health goals.
White chicken chili is a popular variation of the traditional white chili recipe. It is perfect for those who prefer chicken as their protein source and want a lighter alternative to traditional chili. Our recipe is low in calories and can be made creamy without adding excessive calories.
For vegetarians, we’ve provided a recipe for a savory and satisfying vegetarian white chili. This easy white chili recipe is perfect for those looking for a hearty and nutritious meal option without meat. We’ll showcase alternative protein sources and discuss how to add depth of flavor without compromising on taste.
With our variations provided, you can enjoy this nutritious and comforting meal any time of the year. So, whip up a batch of healthy white chili and indulge in a guilt-free bowl of deliciousness!
How do I make white chili with ground turkey?
To make white chili with ground turkey, start by heating a large pot over medium heat. Add olive oil, diced onions, and minced garlic, and sauté until the onions are translucent. Next, add ground turkey and cook until it’s no longer pink. Stir in chicken broth, diced green chilies, white beans, cumin, oregano, and salt. Simmer for 20 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together. Finally, add chopped cilantro and lime juice for a fresh kick. Serve hot and enjoy!
What makes white chicken chili different from traditional white chili?
White chicken chili is a variation of traditional white chili that uses chicken as the protein source instead of ground beef or turkey. The chicken is typically cooked and shredded before being added to the chili. This gives the dish a lighter texture and allows the flavors of the spices and other ingredients to shine. White chicken chili is often creamier and more flavorful, making it a popular choice for those who prefer chicken as their protein option.
Can I make a vegetarian version of white chili?
Absolutely! To make a vegetarian white chili, simply replace the meat with alternative protein sources such as diced tofu, tempeh, or a medley of vegetables like mushrooms, corn, and bell peppers. You can also add extra beans for added protein and texture. The key to a delicious vegetarian white chili is using flavorful ingredients such as vegetable broth, spices like cumin and chili powder, and lots of fresh herbs. With a few adjustments, you can enjoy a hearty and nutritious bowl of vegetarian white chili.
Is white chili gluten-free and dairy-free?
Yes, white chili can be easily made gluten-free and dairy-free. To ensure your white chili is gluten-free, use gluten-free chicken broth and double-check that all your spices and canned goods are gluten-free. To make it dairy-free, omit any cheese or sour cream toppings and use dairy-free substitutes like almond milk or coconut milk to add creaminess. With a few simple ingredient swaps, you can enjoy a gluten-free and dairy-free version of white chili without compromising on flavor.