The mixture of olive oil and citrus in a dessert is uniquely appealing, as demonstrated by this exquisite olive oil cake recipe. A flawless dessert choice for any event can be created by blending the flavors of silky olive oil and zesty lemon. Additionally, it is effortless to prepare, making it an ideal treat for satisfying your sweet and sour cravings.
Ingredients for Olive Oil Cake:
All-purpose flour: The addition of flour is essential to create the desired texture and shape of the cake.
Granulated sugar: In the process of baking a cake, granulated sugar plays a two-fold role by improving the texture of the crumb and adding sweetness.
Extra-virgin olive oil: A distinct flavor and moisture retention are achieved in the cake by utilizing olive oil in its preparation.
Whole milk: By adding milk, the cake gains both moisture and richness.
Eggs: Eggs are used as a binding element in cake making, serving to create a firm and stable texture in the finished cake.
Grated lemon zest: The cake’s taste is enhanced with a tangy and rejuvenating flavor by using lemon zest.
Baking powder: The inclusion of baking powder aids in the elevation of the cake and lends it a light, airy consistency.
Baking soda: The inclusion of baking soda in the recipe helps to neutralize the acidity of lemon juice, resulting in a cake with a tender and light texture.
Salt: The flavor profile of the cake is improved by the presence of salt, which effectively counteracts the excess sweetness.
How to Make Olive Oil Cake:
Get ready to bake by preheating your oven to 350°F (180°C) and greasing a 9-inch cake pan with olive oil for smooth release of the cake.
Take a big mixing bowl and stir the flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt together until they are well mixed.
In a different mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, eggs, milk, and lemon zest until they are well mixed.
Integrate the wet and dry elements until they are uniformly mixed and amalgamated.
Empty the cake batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the cake is fully cooked and the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean without any wet batter.
To achieve optimal cooling of the cake, let it rest in the pan for 10 minutes followed by a transfer to a wire rack.
My Best Tips:
- Attain superior flavor by utilizing high-grade components, particularly extra-virgin olive oil.
- Ensure a moist and tender cake by mixing the batter until just combined and avoiding overmixing. Let the cake cool completely before slicing to prevent it from crumbling.
The step-by-step instructions olive oil cake recipe pictures can be found in the recipe card below.
Questions and answers about the olive oil cake recipe
healthy olive oil cake Variations:
Modify the flavor of the cake by exchanging the lemon zest for the orange zest.
The batter for the Almond olive oil dessert can be made crunchier by adding 1/2 cup of chopped almonds to it.
To give an olive oil cake a chocolatey spin, incorporate half a cup of cocoa powder with the dry ingredients.
Have a look at our other cake recipes, how about oreo fudge recipe or to die for blueberry muffins with crumble topping
What Do You Serve with Olive Oil Cake?
You can savor the delectable taste of our cake on its own, or you can serve it with whipped cream, juicy berries, or a sprinkle of powdered sugar. It pairs exceptionally well with a steaming cup of coffee or tea.
Can You Freeze Olive Oil Cake?
If you want to freeze the olive oil cake, you can. Before freezing, guarantee that it is completely covered with plastic wrap and kept in an airtight container.To defrost it, allow it to sit at room temperature for a few hours or keep it in the fridge overnight.
How Do You Store Olive Oil Cake?
An airtight container at room temperature can be utilized to store it for a maximum of three days.
Is it Safe to Use Parchment Paper at Such High Heat?
When exposed to high heat, parchment paper remains intact due to its heat resistance of up to 450°F (232°C), allowing it to be used safely.
The Calories in the Recipe:
A piece of olive oil cake will provide you with approximately 320 calories.
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment and rate the olive oil cake recipe
I would love to hear from you and really appreciate your comments!
I will always do my best to reply to every comment as soon as possible.
Thanks for following! And have fun cooking!
olive oil cake
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- To prepare for baking, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and use olive oil to grease a 9-inch cake pan.
- Add the baking soda, salt, sugar, baking powder, and flour to a sizeable mixing bowl containing the dry ingredients.
- Use a whisk to blend them until they are well mixed and all the ingredients are combined.
- Take a separate mixing bowl and mix together olive oil, milk, eggs, and lemon zest with a whisk.
- Blend the dry and wet ingredients together until they are just combined.
- Fill the greased and floured cake pan with the batter and cook for roughly 35-40 minutes, or until the cake's center is completely cooked, and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- It is recommended that you allow the cake to rest in the pan for 10 minutes before shifting it onto a wire rack so that it can cool down completely.
Leave a Reply