Homemade Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup is delicious and comforting, it’s one of the easiest soups with simple and inexpensive ingredients! The recipe only takes about 40 minutes from start to finish. From now on there is no need for a soup can, the home is better to prepare the soup!
This classic chicken noodle soup will keep you feeling comfortable and warm. It’s perfect during cold weather or fighting a cold!!!
This chicken noodle soup recipe is made in a slow cooker with chicken breast, egg noodles, creamy vegetables, and chicken broth.
So, feel free to make this recipe for a delicious soup with easy ingredients and great flavor, you will love it!
INGREDIENTS CROCKPOT CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP:
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
2 celery ribs, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
8 cups chicken stock
2 bay leaves
Kosher salt freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 1/2 pounds bone-in, skinless chicken breasts
2 1/2 cups wide egg noodles
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more, to taste
1. Over medium heat, melt butter in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add the onions, carrots, and celery. Then cook, stirring occasionally until softened, about 3-4 minutes. And stir the garlic until fragrant for one minute.
2. Whisk in chicken broth and bay leaves. Then add salt and pepper to taste. The chicken is added and brought to a boil. Then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the chicken is cooked through about 30-40 minutes. Remove the chicken from the heat and allow it to cool before cutting it into small pieces, discarding the bones.
3. Add chicken and pasta and cook for 6-7 minutes, until cooked through.
4. Remove from heat, then add parsley, dill, and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Submit immediately.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP IN A CROCKPOT?
To make Chicken Noodle Soup, in your cooking pot, put the chicken breast, chopped onion, minced garlic, carrot slices, and celery.
Add the thyme, rosemary, and bay leaf. And then season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Pour into chicken broth and cook over low heat for 6 hours.
After 6 hours, remove the herbs and chicken breasts. Chop the chicken breasts, then return to the crockpot and add the egg noodles. Simmer over low heat for another 30 minutes or until pasta is cooked through but not too soft.
THE BEST CROCKPOT CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
Some people have reported that the pasta disintegrated after adding it to the crock. To me frankly, I have no idea why this happened, and it never happened any of the times I made this soup. But, I only used No Yoke brand noodles. And other people have also reported success with No Yoke Noodles and Walmart Generic Noodles. If you don’t have access to those types of pasta and are worried, you can also boil the pasta separately.
HOW TO SEASON CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP?
Thyme, rosemary, and bay leaf are the trinity of herbs to make the perfect chicken soup. They give chicken noodle soup its distinct taste. They also add a lot of flavor!
And put them in the crockpot and take them out before adding the pasta.
The flavor will be there, and you won’t want leaves in your soup. Don’t forget to add salt and pepper.
IS CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP REALLY GOOD FOR YOU?
It depends on the ingredients you use to make the soup, and when you use quality ingredients, yes! In addition, the steam of the soup warms you up and relieves any congestion, and the warm soup of soup helps relieve a sore throat. There’s a reason it’s a universal soup when you’re under the weather!
I also like to buy low-sodium chicken broth, so I can control the amount of salt in the dish.
If you’re wondering what are the best noodles for chicken noodle soup, then for me, I prefer using egg noodles. They tend to retain their shape and texture in soups compared to other types of pasta.
Some people like to make noodle soup with roasted chicken, but slow-cooking chicken noodle soup makes it very easy to use fresh chicken. After a long, hard day, a big bowl of this soup is the cure!
DO YOU COOK THE CHICKEN BEFORE PUTTING IN THE SOUP?
It is not necessary! Let your slow cooker do the hard work for you 🙂 Add boneless and skinless chicken breasts to the slow cooker, then let them cook for 6 hours. Once the chicken is tender, remove the breasts from the slow cooker and then use two forks to slice the meat. Return the chicken to the slow cooker and stir it into the soup.
WHAT CAN I ADD TO CHICKEN SOUP TO MAKE IT MORE FLAVORFUL?
Adding fresh herbs, garlic, and bay leaf will help make your soup more flavorful. If you make chicken soup and feel that it is missing something, this may not be enough salt. Finish the soup with a pinch of sea salt, a drizzle of olive oil, and juice from a lemon for a brighter, more flavorful finish. If you like spicy food, also consider adding a few crushed red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to give the soup some heat.
DO I NEED TO USE FRESH HERBS?
Yes, you can use dried thyme and rosemary here, but we love the ease of throwing in the fresh sprigs and the more vibrant flavor of the fresh herbs.
CAN I FREEZE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP?
It is better to freeze the soup without pasta. Whenever you feel a craving then freeze the soup itself well and you can also reheat it, but the pasta will be mushy in all of this broth so we recommend cooking it fresh!
Homemade Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup is delicious and comforting, it’s one of the easiest soups with simple and inexpensive ingredients!
Read more : Low Carb Zuppa Toscana Soup with cauliflower
Homemade Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- Kosher salt freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 pounds bone-in, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 1/2 cups wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more,to taste
- 1. Over medium heat, melt butter in a largesaucepan or Dutch oven. Add the onions, carrots, and celery. Then cook, stirringoccasionally until softened, about 3-4 minutes. And stir the garlic untilfragrant for one minute.
- 2. Whisk in chicken broth and bay leaves. Then addsalt and pepper to taste. The chicken is added and brought to a boil. Thenreduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the chicken is cooked through, about30-40 minutes. Remove the chicken from the heat and allow it to cool beforecutting it into small pieces, discarding the bones.
- 3. Add chicken and pasta and cook for 6-7 minutes,until cooked through.
- 4. Remove from heat, then add parsley, dill, andlemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. Submit immediately.