This Easy Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff is the perfect solution for a weeknight meal that is both speedy and delectable. If you’re looking to fulfill your cravings without compromising on taste, then search no more! This classic dish is made effortless with your pressure cooker, providing the ultimate no-fuss comfort food.
Ingredients for Easy Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
Olive oil:To brown and sauté the meat and vegetables.
Stew meat: Cut into cubes that are one inch in size.
Salt and pepper: Add the flavor to your liking.
Small white onion: Yellow can also be used for chopping.
Mushrooms:White button or cremini sliced
Garlic:Minced cloves, freshly prepared.
Flour: All you need is all-purpose.
Beef broth: Creates the sauce while adding flavor.
Worcestershire sauce: The tigelles imami taste is incredibly delicious.
Wide egg noodles: You can also use different types of noodles.
Sour cream: It is possible to choose between full-fat or low-fat options, however, it is not recommended to opt for completely fat-free options.
Parsley for garnish: It is up to your discretion, but it can enhance the vividness.
How to make Stroganoff in the Instant Pot?
It couldn’t be any easier, and thanks to the instant pot, the effort is eliminated.
Sauté Meat: Start by activating the sauté feature on the instant pot and adding the olive oil. Next, add the stew meat in batches, ensuring that all sides are browned. Upon completion of browning the meat, remove it from the instant pot and transfer it to a plate.
Vegetables: Incorporate the onion, mushrooms, and garlic into the pan and cook through until they are nearly tender by sautéing.
Combine: Put the stew meat back into the instant pot and add the flour while stirring. Cook until the flour turns brown and evenly coats the mixture.
Cook: Pour the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce into the instant pot. Cover it and ensure that the pot is in the sealed position. Make certain that the Instant Pot is configured to operate on high pressure and permit it to cook for a period of 12 minutes.
Release: Release the pressure manually and remove the lid cautiously. Next, incorporate the egg noodles into the mixture and stir. Proceed by covering and sealing the instant pot, and cooking for 3 minutes.
Add Sour Cream: To release the pressure, do so manually. Next, incorporate sour cream into the mixture and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to your liking. Finally, garnish with parsley and serve.
My Best Tips
This Easy Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff recipe is easy to make. Here are a few tips:
- To achieve optimal taste and tenderness in your beef, it is recommended to use a chuck. To prepare a ground beef stroganoff, you can replace the traditional beef with ground beef.
- It is possible to brown the ingredients in a large skillet instead, and then transfer them to the Instant Pot if desired.
- Browning the beef in batches is crucial. Overcrowding the Instant Pot with too much beef will result in the release of liquid, preventing proper browning.
- Although wine is the preferred choice, it can be substituted with extra broth if preferred.
- Ensure that you remove all the browned residue from the bottom of the pot to avoid setting off a burnt notification.
- Before adding the sour cream, turn off the heat as it may curdle if exposed to heat.
The step-by-step instructions Easy Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff pictures can be found in the recipe card below.
Questions and answers about the Easy Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff recipe
In case you favor steak over stew meat or chuck roast, you can opt for beef sirloin, rib eye, or tenderloin that has been sliced into thin strips.
An alternative option is to prepare Easy Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff using ground beef.
In case you lack red wine or brandy for the recipe, you can omit it entirely. Instead, you may consider incorporating a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce to impart a subtle tartness that will harmonize with the luscious, creamy sauce.
Have a look at our other pasta recipes, how about creamy cajun shrimp pasta
What Do You Serve with Beef Stroganoff?
This savory dish is best served on top of buttered noodles, mashed potatoes, or any other starch. Additionally, rice, quinoa, or farro would make a scrumptious alternative!
Finally, for rounding out the meal, we prefer to accompany it with broccoli and sourdough bread, which helps to absorb all the broth.
Can You Freeze Beef Stroganoff?
Yes! You can, because this is a great freezing recipe. (For me I always store stroganoffs separate from pasta or mashed potatoes). Then simply let the dish cool completely, then pack it in an airtight container or zip-top bag. You can store it in the freezer for a maximum of six months at a later time.
Defrost the meal overnight in the refrigerator, and subsequently warm it up on the stove, in the microwave, or using an Instant Pot.
Can You Store Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff?
You can keep leftover beef stew in the fridge for up to four days by storing it in an airtight container. Beyond this time, it is recommended to reheat the portions using either a microwave or an instant pot with the Saute function until they are thoroughly heated.
How do you thicken stroganoff?
If you followed the recipe correctly, the beef stroganoff should become thicker as it cools. However, if it’s still not thick enough for your taste, you can set the Instant Pot to the “Keep Warm” mode and cover it with a lid. Stir every few minutes, and the pasta will soak up some of the extra sauce.
Can you use frozen beef?
We don’t recommend starting with frozen meat, because a lot of the flavor in this dish comes from boiling the beef. However, we suggest adding a minimum of 5 minutes per pound of frozen beef in the given question.
What beef to use for beef stroganoff?
The highlight of this recipe is that you can use any type of meat you want, it’s means that you have a lot of options. In the ingredients list of this beef stroganoff recipe, you may observe that I propose the usage of “stewed meat”. Generally, when you purchase this, it is diced or cut for you and ready to use. If you’re short on time to cook dinner, this is one less thing to worry about.
But if you have beef in your freezer or can’t find stewed meat or you prefer to cut it yourself, the best kind to buy is leaner beef. If your meat is tender, it indicates that it doesn’t require prolonged cooking. (Ahem Instant-Pot worthy). And these types of cuts include sirloin, steak tips, sirloin, tenderloin, or rib eye.
In case you didn’t buy pre-cut beef, you’ll want to cut it into small pieces or thin strips.
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment and rate the Easy Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff recipe.
I would love to hear from you and really appreciate your comments!
I will always do my best to reply to every comment as soon as possible.
Thanks for following! And have fun cooking!
Easy Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds stew meat in one inch cubes
- salt and pepper
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 6 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup flour
- 3½ cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- ¾ cup sour cream
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Turn on the sauté setting of the instant pot and pour in the olive oil. Cook the stew meat in batches until browned on all sides. Using a pair of tongs, extract the meat from the Instant Pot and position it on a plate.
- Sauté the onion, mushrooms, and garlic until they are nearly tender.
- Put the stew meat back into the instant pot and dust it with flour. Cook until the flour turns brown and coats the mixture.
- Pour in the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. Before cooking with the Instant Pot, make sure to securely place and seal the lid. Next, choose the high-pressure option and set the timer for 12 minutes.
- Release the pressure manually and take off the lid with caution. Put in the egg noodles and mix thoroughly. Securely cover the instant pot and cook for 3 minutes.
- Mix in the sour cream to the pot and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper as per your taste. Stir well. Top with parsley for garnish and serve.