If you’re in search of an easy slow cooker recipe that packs a spicy punch, look no further than this delicious Slow Cooker Pulled Buffalo Chicken. Whether you’re hosting a game day party or simply craving a mouthwatering buffalo chicken sandwich, this recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds with its perfectly shredded, juicy chicken.
An added bonus? This recipe couldn’t be simpler to prepare, so it’s perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends spent at home. So, fire up your slow cooker and get ready to indulge in some seriously delicious buffalo chicken!
- Slow Cooker Pulled Buffalo Chicken is a spicy and flavorful recipe that’s perfect for game day or any occasion.
- This easy slow cooker recipe requires only a handful of simple ingredients, including boneless, skinless chicken breasts, buffalo sauce, and ranch dressing mix.
- You can customize this recipe to your liking by making it into sandwiches, sliders, tacos, or even a tasty buffalo chicken dip.
- This versatile recipe is a great addition to your collection of slow cooker meals, and is sure to become a fan favorite.
- It’s easy to prepare, making it an ideal choice for busy weeknights and lazy weekends.
Ingredients and Preparation
To make this Slow Cooker Pulled Buffalo Chicken, you will need a few simple ingredients. Start by gathering:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 ranch dressing mix packet
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Your choice of buns or tortillas for serving
Once you have all your ingredients, it’s time to start cooking! Follow these easy steps:
- In a slow cooker, add the shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing mix, and butter. Mix everything well.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours, until the chicken is tender and fully cooked.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken into small pieces directly in the slow cooker. Mix everything well to coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Serve the Slow Cooker Pulled Buffalo Chicken on buns or tortillas with your favorite toppings, such as shredded cheese, sliced jalapeños, diced tomatoes, or chopped cilantro.
This easy slow cooker recipe is perfect for busy weeknights or game day parties. You can also batch cook the chicken and freeze it in individual portions for a quick and delicious meal anytime. Enjoy!
Serving Suggestions and Variations
Once your Slow Cooker Pulled Buffalo Chicken is ready, the possibilities for serving and enjoying it are endless. You can pile the shredded chicken on buns with some coleslaw for delicious buffalo chicken sandwiches. Alternatively, you can use the buffalo chicken to make sliders, tacos, or even a mouthwatering buffalo chicken dip.
Here are some variations and tips for customizing the recipe to suit your taste preferences:
- For a spicier kick, add extra buffalo sauce to the shredded chicken.
- Top the buffalo chicken sliders with blue cheese crumbles for a tangy twist.
- Use the buffalo chicken as a filling for quesadillas or burritos.
- Add some diced celery or carrot to the buffalo chicken dip for extra crunch.
- Make crockpot buffalo chicken into a salad by topping a bed of greens with the shredded chicken, blue cheese, and your favorite salad fixings.
|Ideas for serving
|Slow Cooker Pulled Buffalo Chicken
|Buffalo chicken sandwiches, sliders, tacos, dip
|Buffalo Chicken Sliders
|Blue cheese crumbles, coleslaw, pickles
|Buffalo Chicken Tacos
|Avocado, diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce
|Buffalo Chicken Dip
|Tortilla chips, celery sticks, carrot sticks
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious recipe to add to your collection of slow cooker meals, this Slow Cooker Pulled Buffalo Chicken is a must-try. Not only is it perfect for game day recipes, but it’s also a great option for any occasion when you want to enjoy some spicy chicken. The tender and juicy shredded chicken will melt in your mouth, leaving a delicious and satisfying heat.
With its versatile serving options, you can get creative and pair the buffalo chicken with your favorite sides or use it as a topping for various dishes. This recipe is sure to impress your family and friends with its delightful and bold flavors. So, next time you’re craving some spicy chicken, break out your slow cooker, and give this recipe a try!
Can I use frozen chicken breasts for this recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen chicken breasts for this recipe. Just increase the cooking time by 1-2 hours to ensure the chicken is fully cooked and tender.
Can I adjust the level of spiciness in the buffalo sauce?
Absolutely! If you prefer a milder flavor, you can reduce the amount of buffalo sauce or mix it with some barbecue sauce to balance the heat. On the other hand, if you like it extra spicy, you can add a dash of cayenne pepper or hot sauce to amp up the heat.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time and freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can make a large batch of Slow Cooker Pulled Buffalo Chicken and freeze the leftovers. Once cooled, store the shredded chicken in an airtight container or freezer bags for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before reheating in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Can I use a different type of meat instead of chicken?
Absolutely! While this recipe is specifically for buffalo chicken, you can adapt it to other types of meat like pork or beef. Just adjust the cooking time and seasonings accordingly to create your own unique pulled meat dish.
Are there any vegetarian substitutes for the chicken?
Yes, if you’re looking for a vegetarian alternative, you can replace the chicken with a plant-based protein like pulled jackfruit or tofu. Follow the same cooking process, but adjust the seasonings to suit your taste preferences.
Can I cook this recipe on high heat instead of low?
While this recipe is designed for low and slow cooking in a slow cooker, you can also cook it on high heat for a shorter duration. Just note that the chicken may not be as tender and flavorful as the slow-cooked version. It’s best to follow the recommended cooking time and temperature for optimal results.